Opening Night with Arts & Drinks
- 19:20 - 21:30
- Foyer Ground floor
To conclude an inspiring evening after the opening talks, let’s get together at the Foyer for drinks and get to know each other. Meet other participants, speakers, presenters, artists, friends, and soon-to-be friends while casually making first-time connections lasting for the whole span of the conference and possibly connections for a lifetime.
Take a moment of peace and participate in a guided tour through our art section called Exploratorium which offers a diverse range of more than 20 artworks and immersive experiences.
Exploratorium: Exhibition Opening and Guided Tour (19:20 – 21:30)
- 19:30-21:30 Art Tour: (starting Ground Floor at MIND Booth)
- 19:30-19:40 | Introduction to the MIND-EDGE Art Section by Amelia Young and Darja Ihlenfeld
- 19:45-21:30 | Guided Walking Tour around Artpiecea by Curators and Artists
- 20:00-20:10 | Poetry Reading by Koleka Putuma | Expertisium Room
During the Arts Section Guided Tour, you will have the unique opportunity to delve deeper into the artistic vision behind each installation and engage directly with the talented artists who brought them to life. Our curators will provide insightful commentary on the themes, techniques, and inspirations behind each artwork.
Navigating through the Exploratorium, you’ll see how the artists play with the boundaries of psychedelic science and art, and contribute to conversation on the human experience. Join us in experiencing the Exploratorium’s captivating offerings alongside the artists themselves.
The artistic contributions to INSIGHT 2023 were curated by members of the MIND/EDGE Arts Section. The Arts Section is a collaboration between the MIND Foundation and EDGE Neuroscience & Art e.V. It is open to any MIND member who is interested in the intersection of Art, Psychedelic Culture, and Science.
The Exploratorium invites visitors to embark on a multisensory journey through the realm of psychedelic science and the culture that surrounds it. Spanning four floors of interactive installations, performances, films, and more, the Exploratorium offers a diverse range of more than 20 artworks and experiences that aim to question consciousness, promote self-discovery, and investigate the transformative nature of psychedelic research and therapy.
Full List of Artworks by Artist(s):
- Sprout: A Psychedelic Productivity Revolution | Orchida Ahmed
- Navigating towards different environments for survival | Hector Salazar & Bojana Draca
- Protoplasmatic Routes | Axel Cuevas Santamaria
- InterPerSonar – Becoming sound together | Nicolas Endres, Anna Kanitz, Ewa Andrzejak
- Theatre of Beauty | Koleka Putuma
- Deli Baal | Ferenc Kiss
- DREAM SCREEN Prototype | Johannes Krell
- Psyrreal – Psychedelic replications in Virtual Reality and their potential as a therapeutic instrument | Karl Kristjan Kaup, Kadi Tulver & Mary-Ann Kubre
- Nexus | Esin Güler
- The Limbic Orchid / Dream | Shahryar Khorasani
- Semele, Frooting Bodies | Maddy Ridgley
- What is life and what fuels life? | Monika Galantai
- Die Betroffenen (The Affected) | Patric Neves Lindström, co-produced with Héloïse Dell’Ava, Pauline Balayila, Plucky Lucky & Amelia Young
- Pianocortex: Live EEG Biofeedback Performance for Piano & Electronics | Chris Lloyd & Adam John Williams
- Oculus | Tatiana Lupashina & Philip DePoala
- Room of Causality | Paula Martinell Garcia & Ana Bulović
- TRILOKA Immersive Sound Journey | Alex Zampini, Karthik Rajmohan, Gábor Hartyáni
- Dreams, Psychedelic Therapy and the Inner Healing Intelligence | Anders Thingmand
- Autopsy – Darj Isabel