11:30am - 12:00pm
Track 1: Auditorium
‘Finding Gold in the Shadow’ – The Challenges of Psychedelic Therapy from a Psychotherapeutic Perspective
The benefits of psychedelic therapy have been very well documented over the past number of years, with cutting edge scientific research showing the healing potential of substances like psilocybin.
This presentation by Inwardbound co-founder Rob Coffey will examine some of the challenges of psychedelic therapy from psychotherapeutic perspective.
Some of the issues that will be addressed include:
• Maps of consciousness and finding the right language
• Dealing with transference, countertransference, erotic transference and projection
• Boundaries in the psychedelic space
• The issue of psychic inflation
• Inner child healing
• Finding meaning in challenging experiences
• Spiritual Emergence v Spiritual Emergency
• The role of the therapist?
Case studies will be referred to in order to give a context for the theory”