Panel – Beyond the Hype: Rethinking Psychedelics (with speakers and the audience)
- 18:35 - 19:20
- Auditorium 2nd floor
Together with the audience, we will kick-start the conference with a state-of-the-art discussion – including a reaction to of the three opening talks. The panel will involve opportunities for the conference visitors to join the conversation, express hope and doubts, ask questions.
- Where is psychedelic science and therapy in 2023?
- What’s new, which topics keep reoccurring? Which topics emerge after the field has seen signs of a burst bubble? Are we in healthy adaptation? Should actors in the field change their strategies?
- How is the current state of the psychedelic renaissance seen from the viewpoint of observers – people who may have come late through books or media coverage?
- What happens outside of the scientific field – in the workshop and self-experience scene, or in larger cultural discourses about psychedelics? Are there differences between the discourses in Europe and North America?
- How does the dialogue with regulators and politicians evolve?
- Are the well-known and emerging risks in the endeavor toward establishing psychedelic therapies? How does the drug reform movement interact with this goal?
The first evening of the conference is an opportunity to dive into the topics, feel the mood of the conference, and get to know other conference attendees during the Open Night drinks and meetup. Enjoy the vibe and conversation.